Dragon’s Blood is extract from the bright red resin from Sangre de Drago (Croton Lechleri) a species of flowering plant in the spurge family, Euphorbiaceae, that is native to northwestern South America. It has been used for centuries for wound healing and for it's powerful anti-oxidant qualities. It is extracted from the tree by making diagonal cuts with machete and allowing the sap to seep out. The sap is then collected and refined. Its health benefits include healing skin conditions, gastrointestinal ailments, digestive and respiratory disorders.
Products with Dragon’s Blood
Increases the skin thickness, hydration and elasticity. Stimulates creation of new elastic and collagen fibers. One of the strongest known natural antioxidants.
CLINICAL STUDIES AND RESEARCH
A clinical study has revealed that six weeks of application of a cream with Dragon's blood and Pomegranate oil, resulted in increase of dermis thickness by 16 percent, hydration by a staggering 38 percent, and elasticity by 6 to 10 percent! (1) For further information research articles listed below*.
Significantly increases the dermis thickness (1)
Significantly increases skin hydration (1)
Significantly increases skin elasticity (1)
Stimulates creation of new Elastic and Collagen fibers (1)
It is one of the strongest known natural antioxidants on the planet! The ORAC value* of Dragon’s Blood is 2,897,110! (For comparison the ORAC value in average apple is 2,828). Its antioxidant power is 20 times higher than vitamin C, and 50 times higher than vitamin E (2)
Quickly regenerates the epidermis and has a wound healing effect (3)
Improves skin tone (4)
Protects the skin against environmental aggressions like wind, cold, dry air and pollution by forming a protective “second skin” layer (5)
Might have benefits for problem prone skin - acne, psoriasis, rosacea, eczema (6)
Produces an ethereal satin "glow"
For further information please refer to the research articles linked below
(1) Bogdan, Cătălina, et al. “Improvement of Skin Condition in Striae Distensae: Development, Characterization and Clinical Efficacy of a Cosmetic Product Containing Punica Granatum Seed Oil and Croton Lechleri Resin Extract.” Drug Design, Development and Therapy, Dove Medical Press, 2017, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5338857/.
(2) “Mutagenic and Antioxidant Activities of Croton Lechleri Sap in Biological Systems.” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, Elsevier, 18 Oct. 2004, www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378874104004210.
(4) “Dragon's Blood: A Healing Gem from South America.” SkinStore, 23 Jan. 2017, www.skinstore.com/blog/archive/dragon-s-blood-a-healing-gem-from-south-america/.
(5) “What Is Dragon's Blood - Truth In Aging.” Honest Reviews of Anti-Aging Skin Care and Beauty Products, www.truthinaging.com/review/what-is-it-dragons-blood.
(6) “A Matter of Some Sensitivity.” Phytochemistry, Pergamon, 7 Mar. 2000, www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/003194229400780W.
(7) Miller, Mark JS, et al. “Chondroprotective Effects of a Proanthocyanidin Rich Amazonian Genonutrient Reflects Direct Inhibition of Matrix Metalloproteinases and Upregulation of IGF-1 Production by Human Chondrocytes.” Journal of Inflammation (London, England), BioMed Central, 2007, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1971260/.
*ORAC value (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) units, a unit of measurement for antioxidant content which was originally developed by the National Institute on Aging (NIA) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). ORAC testing is the most extensive method for analyzing the antioxidant potency of a food or man-made substance.
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information contained in this website is intended for education and information purposes only. This information is not intended to be used to diagnose, prescribe or replace proper medical care. The plants described herein are not intended to treat, cure, diagnose, mitigate or prevent any disease.